Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 540 motor is in the car, the Hooker Super Comp headers went in without any problem and no clearance issues using the big block frame mounts. I will post some pics. on Monday night.

My problem: I am using a 10qt oil pan, and when I turn the front wheels more than 1/2 way, the drag link is hitting the oil pan. Anyone fought this problem before? Is there an extension link to shift it forward another few inches? Or am I just stuck making really short turns? lol.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Trbulnc said:
My 540 motor is in the car, the Hooker Super Comp headers went in without any problem and no clearance issues using the big block frame mounts. I will post some pics. on Monday night.

My problem: I am using a 10qt oil pan, and when I turn the front wheels more than 1/2 way, the drag link is hitting the oil pan. Anyone fought this problem before? Is there an extension link to shift it forward another few inches? Or am I just stuck making really short turns? lol.
You should be able to turn onto the return road with only 1/2 turn of the wheel :D

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, at least my priorities will be in the right place if that is what I am stuck with.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Trbulnc said:

Might have to go to something like this?

http://www.peytonperformance.com/item--Moroso-Oil-Pan--20433.html

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, bookmarked that one. I am going to take it to the alignment shop in the next week or so and see if they can do anything with it, I only need about 1/2" for it to clear so there might be some adjustment in the linkage and some persuading. If not, looks like a different oil pan, but it can be dropped from the bottom.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i can't see where there would be any adjustment in the linkage, messing with the alignment to make it work isn't right either and i highly suggest NOT persuading anything....unless its the oil pan:D

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is adjustment in the linkage, ends of the connecting links are turnbuckles. Have bent a few drag links in the past and then adjusted them back in alignment....not many choices, other than the oil pan.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oil pan adjustment

I had Billet Fabrication build an oil pan for my 540 Nova. The rod comes clooose to the pan, don't get to aggressive.
They will build it to your specs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts