Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I my bought car for $1500, it had a straight 6 250 in it

I have a ls1 5.3 in it but it's not ready. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
more pics please, Also how much do you have in the conversion? Great work so far.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Looks like that you everything in hand.....:D

Good jump start from a 6 :yes:

Keep US updated with Photos and also with Thoughts/Comments....

·
Registered
504 Posts
Did you sell off all the six stuff? If not I am interested. Good thread hope you keep updated for the other V-8 4th gen people.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I live in Houston and i have a 78 nova. I bought the drive train out of a 2009 sierra and have been working to get it installed in my car. The motor is a 5.3 trans is a 6l90 six speed auto. I have done a lot painted the bottom from fire wall to rear bumper,rebuilt the front suspension,wire harness redone out sourced, computer vats removed. I used the muscle car oil pan but it hangs to low, for engine mounts dirty dingo sliders, i have the combo sitting on the chassis, but the 6l90 is to big for the trans tunnel so i cut it and had it welded back up. But now after putting the body back on the frame the trans is touching,so I seperated the body off the frame again, but i have been busy with work so i have not really worked on the car in about six months. But with change there will always be set backs, so just keep at it you will get there.if you are close to Me maybe we could help each other out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Great build. I love the ls in mine!:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heres a few more pics. just got an aluminum radiator. also new emblems from the 3rd gen and a billet grill, and new tail lights( they were hard to find OEM )
i was hoping the truck oil pan would be ok with the new wheels, 20s in the back 18/19s in the front. if not i plan on using the camaro oil

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you sell off all the six stuff? If not I am interested. Good thread hope you keep updated for the other V-8 4th gen people.
nope i have everything still! i'd love to sell it to you man.
the old engine and transmission work really well

·
Registered
130 Posts
I used the camaro pan on mine and had to cut the cross member. The CTS pan looks like a good fit, look at the lq4 build.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 1975 Nova

Hi, I also own a 1975 Nova. Mine is a custon no rust, a little in the trunk. The same color as yours. Has a 155 HP 350, Auto, Factory air. Needs interior. Its my daily driver. If I don't sell it first I'm going to restor it into a nice cruiser, 383, 200R4. I'll use it to attend shows and otehr events. :devil:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi, I also own a 1975 Nova. Mine is a custon no rust, a little in the trunk. The same color as yours. Has a 155 HP 350, Auto, Factory air. Needs interior. Its my daily driver. If I don't sell it first I'm going to restor it into a nice cruiser, 383, 200R4. I'll use it to attend shows and otehr events. :devil:
Cool show some pics man!
I'm going to get it painted once its finished

1 - 16 of 16 Posts