Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we bought some bucket seats on ebay. they are what was advertised as.
however they have a musty smell. we plan on using them the way they are till we completely redo the interior, in a couple of years. we cleaned the seats up and they look ok but still smell. what can we do
thanks bobby

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
musty smell..

Try using some baking soda on them...it will absorb the bad stuff. They also make a litter box and garbage can version of this...I used it on a car that had mouse scent..it did the job. You need to let them sit outside after cleaning..this helps....try the baking soda..it works.

wilma

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Musty smells

I have another solution that I have had success with over the years.

If you can contain the seats in some way, i.e. put them in a plastic bag or cover them with something that will not allow air to circulate.

Prior to doing the above, stuff any open area's of the seats with waded up newspaper or advertising inserts. Also cover the seats with the same type of paper prior to sealing the covering.
The ink used in the printing process will absorb the odor.
This process is excellent for coolers, refrigerator's or freezer's that develop an odor.
I once had a very large freezer lose power while I was away for a month. The freezer was full of meat and developed a terrible smell while I was away.
Upon my return, we emptied the freezer and stuffed it full of newspaper. We then closed the door and let it sit for a week. When we opened the door and discarded the paper the freezer was free of any odor.
I have also used this method on cars that are stored for an extended period with the doors and windows closed. The only problem with that is it takes a ton of waded up paper to cover the floor of a car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts