Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all. I’m looking into upgrading my front suspension on my 63 nova and had a question that hopefully someone can answer. I’ve looked at church boys, Tci, heidts and several others. What I’m looking to do is basically cut off the suspension mounts and weld in a mustang 2 crossmember and suspension without replacing the clip. I want to keep the stock look under hood but I don’t want to spend 3k for a steering rack and lower control arms. I don’t see a downside to this because it would seem that the stock clip is plenty strong to do this. I figured since pretty much everything that can be done has been done to these cars, someone has probably done this already. Thanks in advance for any input. Feel free to offer alternatives to this.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Keep in mind, you can do the Church Boys system in stages so it makes it a little easier to swallow one bite at a time.

·
Premium Member
Serious southern boy living in Jax Fl.
3,967 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
TCI no longer makes a Mustang II clip. CPP now sells a complete Mustang II clip that is basically the last iteration of the MII clip TCI made. It goes for less then 2k. There’s one used for mock up only here on SoCal Novas on FB with an asking price of $1500 obo. If you can work in metal you could use some of the oem front inner fenders to preserve the look of the Nova’s engine bay. I’ve seen others follow this path. I figure on doing something similar as well though I’m not using an MII clip.

Also, the Mini subframe kit Pragmatist linked up is not a bad option either. It’s a good option as long as you don’t want to go to a rack and pinion front steering setup.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I’m ready to pull my CPP mini kit as well as Viking coilovers if you’re interested. Everything has about 15 miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,232 Posts
Heidt’s had a crossmember kit that is made to use with your stock subframe. You can leave the shock towers intact if you want it to look stock under the hood.
Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts