Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed any of the subframe conversions on a 66-67 without removing the fenders? Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
I suppose someone will disagree with me but since you have to transfer the radiator support to the new sub frame I don't think it would be possible to not remove the fenders.

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevy II nova Hardtop
3,901 Posts
Imagine all you want. Taking the fenders off and putting them somewhere safe is the smart choice. The fenders bolt directly to the stock subframe and the front radiator support. There is nothing to hold the fenders in position that won't be removed while replacing the front clip.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
You would be wise to carefully remove your nicely painted fenders and put them in a safe place while you remove all the old front end stuff. You will probably find that there will be things you will need to do as well as things you want to do while it is all off and out of the way. You will probably do more harm then good attempting to leave them in place.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is only 2 more bolts to remove once you tear it down far enough to do the front suspension. And it’s nice to have them out of the way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You would be wise to carefully remove your nicely painted fenders and put them in a safe place while you remove all the old front end stuff. You will probably find that there will be things you will need to do as well as things you want to do while it is all off and out of the way. You will probably do more harm then good attempting to leave them in place.
Thank you for giving me a good reason to remove them. Much more appreciated than one of the other responses.

·
Premium Member
2,808 Posts
Before you remove them, put blue masking tape on the back edge of the fender and around the upper rear at the cowl, the cowl edge and the front edge of the doors. Anywhere where there's a possibility of bumping an edge.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Have you considered the Church Boys front suspension upgrades. I believe you can do them without removing the fenders.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Before you remove them, put blue masking tape on the back edge of the fender and around the upper rear at the cowl, the cowl edge and the front edge of the doors. Anywhere where there's a possibility of bumping an edge.
Have you considered the Church Boys front suspension upgrades. I believe you can do them without removing the fenders.
Thanks, picked up 2" wide tape today. Have already bought the front, I will probably get negative responses, but I got the CPP unit. Yes there are better units, but for a car that will get less than a thousand miles use a year, I feel it will be fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts