Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that go in the proportioning block(ie:disc/drum/ disc/disc valve area)? Or for some that is for there "custom" systems?
Thanks
It goes in the proportioning valve where the indicator light goes. It keep the proprotioning valve from tripping when bleeding the brakes. I'd hate to count the times I had to reset my valve which requires disconnecting the rear brake line and starting over.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Do you know if this gets triped when you are pushing the front piston back into the caliper when replacing padds? :confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Never had that problem. But I use a vacum bleader now and then pressure bleed out the rest till clean. Let sit couple days then re-check for leaks and clean and free of air. I probally run a full quart through a new system. I'll have to check into that valve tool cause it's always hard to get a dry system wet to the rear end, such a long line! Also we use only dot 5.
Thank for your posting on the tool!

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
question , what would the results be or systems in your braking if you were unaware of this problem ?

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I have done complete brake jobs for over 20 years and never had a problem and I have not used this tool.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
just wondering , cuz i havent had any problems ------ that i know of.

thats why i asked what would happen if this tool is not used and the switch not reset.

any one got any comments ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts