Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No Chrome 1st & 2nd Gen Novas

I saw a thread like this in the 1st & 2nd gen area but it only got one response. So i thought i would move it here in hopes of more responses!?

Lets see some pictures of all blacked (or greyed?) out 1st & 2nd gen novas. I have seen this style more on the later gen novas but not many on the early ones.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Along these lines? Not exactly sure what the term means. Like trim being black and such?

Sent from my SGH-T959W using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Along these lines? Not exactly sure what the term means. Like trim being black and such?

Sent from my SGH-T959W using AutoGuide App
exactly what i'm talking about! haha sorry about the term guys. thats how i've always heard people describe it so thats what i went with. maybe i should try a new thread with a new title? "blacked out novas"?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Murdered out means a black car with black trim black wheels and really dark tinted windows :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yea, the term "murdered out" is used for all black cars. paint, wheels, windows, trim, etc. All black. Typically the taillights and headlights are blacked out as well. I used to be big in building import cars and mini trucks, and I'm slightly sad to see this fab might be following me into real cars :). I kid, it doesn't look bad on some cars and trucks. It always seem to me like it was done because the builder/owner was too cheap to buy the chrome.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
in my case it cost me as much to paint the rear bumper as it would have to chrome it. it went through the complete strip & rechrome process just without the chrome. the grille was a new polished billet unit that was painted. new tail light, turn & headlight bezels were painted too... cost me more to paint really than to go shiney-shiney i think...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, the term "murdered out" is used for all black cars. paint, wheels, windows, trim, etc. All black. Typically the taillights and headlights are blacked out as well. I used to be big in building import cars and mini trucks, and I'm slightly sad to see this fab might be following me into real cars :). I kid, it doesn't look bad on some cars and trucks. It always seem to me like it was done because the builder/owner was too cheap to buy the chrome.
believe me i will never try and steal anything from the "rice" world and bring it to true american muscle!! no offence lol. but i think when this style is done correctly (not just black but different shades of blacks and greys together) it can really make for a unique and sinister looking ride! just my opinion

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

obviously this is not a 1st or 2nd gen but this is what i mean about mixing blacks and greys to get a very cool look without just going black

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Ive seen that one its very nice. I like the camaro bumper but don't really like the camaro tail lights. Nice car though.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
The term used to mean satin black not gloss black. Its kind of evolved:D my 64 sedan was murdered out 15 years ago before it was a fad and got lots of complements back then. I still love the look but will resist doing it again cause its kinda played out IMO

1 - 20 of 24 Posts