Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting a muncie m 20 behind a 383 stroker in my 71 nova. How much power can a m 20 handle? not that a 383 is anything crazy, just curious.
Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Putting a muncie m 20 behind a 383 stroker in my 71 nova. How much power can a m 20 handle? not that a 383 is anything crazy, just curious.
Thanks
depends on how much hp you are making or if you are racing it or not... for street driving it will be fine I used mine for years making close to 600hp.. just driving it to cruise nights.... Im taking it out now though since I will be racing it more now.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
depends on how much hp you are making or if you are racing it or not... for street driving it will be fine I used mine for years making close to 600hp.. just driving it to cruise nights.... Im taking it out now though since I will be racing it more now.
Yup.

There are a lot of variables. As an example, if your tires won't really hook then it will probably live for a long time. But if it's the early 7/8" countershaft model, the sychros are worn, and you have a stick car and good tires, etc etc you can scatter one.

You can also buy upgrades from Paul @ 5speeds.com that help the cause, like an upgraded case, iron midplate, and some other goodies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts