Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone sell an OE style Muncie shifter handle only or will I need to buy the whole Shifter assembly?

It's for my 69.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, but I can only find the complete shifter assembly here too, not just the Muncie arm itself.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Muncie shifter handle..

The Chevelle handles bolted on to the shifter body as did the older Nova handles...3rd gen handles are integral to the shifter body. They can be removed by taking the shifter apart...the bench seat shifters were reproed for awhile...whoever made the shifters had to make the handles..so at some point in time they were a separate piece...find that and it will solve the problem....

wilma

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Chevelle handles bolted on to the shifter body as did the older Nova handles...3rd gen handles are integral to the shifter body. They can be removed by taking the shifter apart...the bench seat shifters were reproed for awhile...whoever made the shifters had to make the handles..so at some point in time they were a separate piece...find that and it will solve the problem....

wilma
OK problem solved!:yes: I can use the Chevelle handle and adapt it.

Check is in the mail;), thanks for the help, sir!:)

Paul

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Muncie handle....

Paul, I don't think you can use the Chevelle bench seat handle...not positive, but I tink the bend is a little different than the Nova....hate to see you waste $80...

tom

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paul, I don't think you can use the Chevelle bench seat handle...not positive, but I tink the bend is a little different than the Nova....hate to see you waste $80...

tom
My buddy will order me one up and I do not have to buy it, it if it's incorrect or will not work.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Paul,
The Chevelle bench shifter does have more of a arch bend to it than the Nova shifter.I think the bench shifters for the Nova's were specific for the Nova's only.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK I got a shifter from a 68 console Chevelle. I'm not overly concerned with it being 100% accurate as much as I want the square style arm with Muncie on it. The reason I went with the console shifter , is it bends toward the driver and will make 3rd gear easier to reach! I'll post more as I fab it up.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OK I didn't get as many pics as I hoped, too many things went wrong in the middle of this and I had to rush to reassemble it to move the car!:( Here are couple though. I just need the ball now! This that cat's ..... you know it is so easy to reach 3rd gear now and I have a stock looking shifter!

This what I cut off

This is it installed

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks Great. Good job.

Do you have original 2-piece black/chrome knob? Will it fit the Chevelle shifter??
Yes, I just picked it up on Friday and it's on!:yes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts