Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry but I had to post this one, my Christmas present arrived !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swapping out my M20 with a N24 with tommy gears (2.99 1.88 1.35 1.00 )
also picked up a 20 lb flywheel and a 11.00 ceterforce DF clutch.

n24 xmas.JPG

·
Super Moderator
4,098 Posts
Couldn't find one or the ZZ gear set when I looked. Beautiful. What rear ratio will you be running? And now you get to have the shifter come up through the factory spot. I drove a wide-ratio Muncie for years and always wanted a little wider spread between gears for a daily on the street.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
65 nova, 3.91 ford 9" Detroit locker rear,
p325 50 15 drag radials
Hurst inline " vertical gate " shifter. ( already from the other tranny)
427 big block

I know its not the fastest or prettiest car around but I just love banging gears and with the v gate shifter most people cant drive it.

I had to start the tranny search / order back in November as some gears were on back order from italy
nova ss.JPG

·
Registered
20,119 Posts
That's a Beauty and lots of Smiles Per Gallon. I like everything I see.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
mind if I ask what you paid and where you bought it? i was wanting to switch mine out for a T10 with the 288 first. I like that even better what is the HP rating for it.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there are a couple shops that build them from parts from Autogear They do not use any of the cheaper Asian gear sets, these use the Italian gears

mine came from midwest muncie. Midwest Muncie | Muncie 4 Speed Transmissions And Rebuild Kits

they make several versions ranging from more modest levels of the m22 with a few gear ratios up to the m23 with interchangeable gear sets . prices for these start at $2300

the n24 with all the bells and whistles cost me $3100

they don't like giving HP ratings but have been told the m23 will hold 600-700 hp, the N24 800 HP.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I'll look them up Thanks , I run the old 60s style Hurst inline shifter on my Muncie.
They do not list what the gearing is. I guess you need to call to find that out. hum. I BM it anyway so I can call them.
Again Thanks on the info.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll look them up Thanks , I run the old 60s style Hurst inline shifter on my Muncie.
They do not list what the gearing is. I guess you need to call to find that out. hum. I BM it anyway so I can call them.
Again Thanks on the info.
i remember the old days when you were destroying clutches !

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Who me Never LOL Yeah I drove Mike over at Ram clutchs crazy for a while. I end up going to a Adjustable Long style.
After the second one that I could adjust higher it was all good from that point on. Then I twisted off the ends of a set of 31 splined axles and The car has had 33s in ever since. But when I go to put in the Fresh updated 250 I want to up grade the Tranny with a better first gear.

·
Premium Member
8,056 Posts
I had a M-22 and other Muncie trans in my cars for years. I swapped to a Richmond 5 speed and it was never as good as the Muncie trans were IMO. I swapped to a powerglide and later a T-350 because I was racing the car more, still loved the 4 speed more than any of them.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Which bellhousing are you going to use?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I had a M-22 and other Muncie trans in my cars for years. I swapped to a Richmond 5 speed and it was never as good as the Muncie trans were IMO. , still loved the 4 speed more than any of them.
I hear this a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bell housing is Lakewood blow proof with block saver plate

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
It is going to be rowdy. Please post a smoky action video once it is installed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry but I had to post this one, my Christmas present arrived !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 415639

View attachment 415640

View attachment 415639

View attachment 415640

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sweet lookin 65, with that tranny should feel like you have 4.86 gear, at least in first,should be fast & fun ! Waiting for Jeff to build mine, still haven't picked second gear, between 2.25 or 2.04 being that I'm running 3.25 rear gear, trying to make 4th gear a overdrive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts