Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done putn the 350 muncie combo in the 65 and just wondering how in the work do you shift into reverse. I messed around with it half the day and couldnt figure it out. Please give me some ideas
:confused:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
With most of the hurst shifters you simply move the lever in the nuetral gate all the way to the left then push down and left and then forward. If the arms are not aligned properly it usually won't go into reverse. Make sure to use a pin through the levers to setup the linkage adjustments.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Another common mistake is putting the arm on the tailshaft on upside down. Make sure it's on correctly. Also, if it's using the stock Muncie shifter, was the shifter apart? If so, make sure the gate plate for reverse wan't put in backwards. My uncle accidentially did this on his Corvette and we worked on it for a couple hours untill I spotted the plate. It will go in backwards.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Make sure the shifter is all aligned too.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Another common mistake is putting the arm on the tailshaft on upside down. Make sure it's on correctly. Also, if it's using the stock Muncie shifter, was the shifter apart? If so, make sure the gate plate for reverse wan't put in backwards. My uncle accidentially did this on his Corvette and we worked on it for a couple hours untill I spotted the plate. It will go in backwards.
If it is on backwards, some Muncies will go over and down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts