Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently watched a video that had a snippet of the front headlight being taken out and in the video it shows a rivet that is located in the middle hole of the mud bucket. I had never seen this before.

What this suggests to me is that it was original or someone added it for some reason. Now there is a question in my mind as to why it was there.

Has anyone ever seen this rivet before? My Nova had a bolt with a nut/washer on the backside instead of a rivet. I remember it well as the nut was a real pain to get to in order to take the fender off.

Now I'm thinking, what if the rivet was original and the factory actually installed the mud bucket to the fender prior to installing the fender. That way all one would have to do is slide the fender onto the wheel well skirt, install the top fender bolts, the mud bucket bolts and the rear fender bolts and you're done.

Anyone wish to comment on this? I'm curious. :yes:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought for sure somebody would have an opinion about this. Of all the Novas that have been restored and absolutely nobody has seen this before?

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far I haven't been able to find any photos of those rivets being installed. If these were factory, of the thousands of fenders that have been removed they should have been noticed by someone besides me.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
that rivet is not a factory rivet that's a improvise from a body man or a previous owner who lost the correct hardware and did not want to take it all apart and assemble it again. Flat rate time.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, OK then. Thanks Joe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts