Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried one of these yet? Maybe its a form of LS envy (weird because its the ugliest part of an LS) but is the setup a noticeable improvement that you can feel?I kind of like the idea to upgrade my first gen SBC but its a lot of money

·
Registered
878 Posts
I saw that conversion on the HOT ROD Network website. It looks like a science project.
Regarding seat of the pants feel, over the years I've had Vertex, Mallory, MSD mag, MSD ign, Pertronix, Davis DUI and every incarnation of stock. Considering everything is in good working order there is no significant performance gain as far as I'm concerned.
Lastly, if I were stuck on the side of the road and had that set-up I wouldn't know where to begin to look.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put a brand new HEI in my truck (2bbl 307) and you could feel the smoother (maybe improved) advance curve for about a week. I think I'm being influenced by the obviousness of the change. I want to wait and get more feedback.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would have to agree with ALF if everything is working properly a seat of the pants difference probably would not be noticeable. Where the mad setup will really shine is where someone has access to a Dyno and can spend serious time tuning each individual cylinder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts