Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an MSD box sitting in my garage for acouple months now. Been trying to get the guts up to install it, my car is running great and i don't want to tweak anything. Who has had experience with these boxes and do they make a noticeable difference? I have HEI on the car already.

Also how easy are they to install? i know the instructions make it sound easy but i usually have to throw the instructions away and go with the flow.
thanks

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
easy

follow the instructions and its easy. I went fom the gm hei to a full msd system and it woke the car up quite a bit down low.
Noticable diff for sure.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Easy to install just follow instructions. What distributor are you going to run with it, use the HEI to trigger it or something else? If the HEI has a good coil and module you may or may not notice any difference. I can go between a fully contained HEI that I set up and an MSD 6AL and MSD distributor and there is no performance difference at the track. If the HEI was just factory stock then you will probably notice a crisper running engine below 3000 prm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the help guys!

I have the summit HEI distributer on it right now and have had no problems.
should i look at getting a better coil or anything else that will help the box?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts