Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of this before? It looks interesting...I wonder what it costs??

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
What amazes me is just about all EFI set-ups run 2K up or close to that. There has to be a big mark up on that stuff. It's become to simple/ common place to be that expensive. That said, I'm still impressed how simplified it makes a swap be now. I'm sure someone will offer a complete swap kit with all brackets mounts headers oil pan and ECM pretty soon.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I'm at a loss for what is justified for 2,500 bucks....fans and a wideband...what about trans control and all the rest of the sensors. What does the crank, cam, map temp etc. connect to?

I promise you a complete harness and a reflashed computer is less than 1/3 of that, personally, I don't see the value added....

T,

·
Registered
670 Posts
Im a buyer at 1000.00 Sounds about right. :D but for 2500.00 you can buy the engine, trans, harness, accy and install in car... and a steak dinner.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I guess ill add that to the list of over priced parts i want that i will have to wait to find one second hand.

1. Gear Vendor
2. MSD Coils
3. MSD Atomic EFI

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I guess ill add that to the list of over priced parts i want that i will have to wait to find one second hand.

1. Gear Vendor
2. MSD Coils
3. MSD Atomic EFI
You don't need the MSD coils. Get some D585 coils with the cooling fins on top, they fire hotter than the MSD, and can be found at any auto parts. There was a youtube video about them....

Have your tuner change the dwell angle tables from a truck tune into your tune file, and you are good to go. I run them on all my swaps....

T,

·
Registered
670 Posts
You don't need the MSD coils. Get some D585 coils with the cooling fins on top, they fire hotter than the MSD, and can be found at any auto parts. There was a youtube video about them....

Have your tuner change the dwell angle tables from a truck tune into your tune file, and you are good to go. I run them on all my swaps....

T,
I will look into it, eventhough i have heard that the stock coils are good to insane hp ratings.

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevy II nova Hardtop
3,917 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts

T,
X2 I agree.

The MSD's are way over priced and most that know, most of the MSD products are a generic product that a MSD sticker is placed on top of it.

There are thousands of cars including myself that use stock coils that make tons of power.

The truck coils(D585) are nice, the only problem pending what type of fuel rail you use is the coils may block the fuel connect on the #5 because they are taller than the LS1,LS2,LS3 car coils. But it is a easy fix, we just move the fuel inlet slightly toward the firewall and all is good. Never had a problem. It just depends on what type of valve covers you have and the brackets(Not a big issue).

If you do use the truck coils make sure to get the truck harness that connects from the coils to the main harness reason being it is longer and will connect right to the 98% of all stock main harnesses no problem. The truck coil harness Part# 89017477 is only like $12 bucks.

I just do not see the benefit of paying $2000+ if the stock stuff works.

Other Aftermarket EFI products(like Holley...etc) for FI, well thats a different story, they do have an advantage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts