Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After multiple people helped me decide a certain car was not the right one, I have moved on to planning to look at the one below. Georgia car w little rust from pictures. Has a rebuilt 350 w no wiring done. $3,800.

· Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Well that looks to be in pretty good shape. Looks to be a 400 model .
I would take " engine recently rebuilt" with a grain of salt- even if they have paper work as the engine has been somewhat open to the elements. looking at the marking on front of the heads they look to be 300 horse ( 69-72 with accessory bolt holes.) looks like they may have had plans for a turbo as well -the drivers side exhaust manifold looks like it is installed with the exhaust flange facing the front of the car.
Do they have all of the side trim, hood bar and rear deck lid bar, rear quarter emblems, front park lights, rear quarter emblems?
Is there a close up picture of the VIN plate next to the blower motor?
What is in it for a transmission?
The suspension looks very low in the front so may be shot or perhaps dropped spindles are installed.

Are there any pictures of the trunk area and interior?

What would be your plans?

· Registered
1,889 Posts
is that firewall buttered up? tough to see everything as everything is sprayed black, even the master cylinder, so that has a guy wondering...

hope that isn't spray foam in the pass.side rocker there in the rear wheel well bottom--that's a huge yikes.

you may want to consider looking at '64 and up four doors, as they will already have the five lug, assuming you will stay budget build stock. if you will be going all aftermarket, well then no worries.

-Rusty

· Registered
86 Posts
Body looks straight. $3,800 a lot of money for some one's abandon project. Hopefully engine block is good. Interior? Transmission? You are buying some one's problem. 4 lug rims on a V8? No matter what seller promises. Engine and transmission have to be taken apart to verify it's reliable.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would take " engine recently rebuilt" with a grain of salt- even if they have paper work as the engine has been somewhat open to the elements. looking at the marking on front of the heads they look to be 300 horse ( 69-72 with accessory bolt holes.) looks like they may have had plans Font Terrestrial plant Photo caption Darkness Brand
Font Terrestrial plant Photo caption Darkness Brand

I would take " engine recently rebuilt" with a grain of salt- even if they have paper work as the engine has been somewhat open to the elements. looking at the marking on front of the heads they look to be 300 horse ( 69-72 with accessory bolt holes.) looks like they may have had plans for a turbo as well -the drivers side exhaust manifold looks like it is installed with the exhaust flange facing the front of the car.
Do they have all of the side trim, hood bar and rear deck lid bar, rear quarter emblems, front park lights, rear quarter emblems?
The suspension looks very low in the front so may be shot or perhaps dropped spindles are installed.

for a turbo as well -the drivers side exhaust manifold looks like it is installed with the exhaust flange facing the front of the car.

Font Terrestrial plant Photo caption Darkness Brand
This is the info supplied. Seems guy does not know details when I ask. Is selling car for someone else?? I am waiting on additional pics of trunk, VIN, etc. interior, needs work and has no door panels. He claims NO rust as I told him long drive needed details. I wondered on suspension….if 6 cylinder would it have had lighter suspension, then 350s weight too much? Few people mentioned the 4 lugs an issue that will cost $$. My plans were to find a Nova 62-65 under $4k as a project. 4 door seems to be only option. Was planning an LS swap and whatever other needed mechanical upgrades over 2-3yrs. If this engine is “good” would probably just finish

· Registered
1,585 Posts
The car has a 63 grill and front bumper filler panel but the missing front and rear emblems holes are 62. Still has 4 lug 13 inch tires, brakes and suspension, all of which is no good with a V8. Going to spend alot of $ to upgrade all of the above on this one. Things to consider for sure but I like your measured approach in looking for a project. Smart!

· Registered
4,692 Posts
So I’m not terribly sure that there’s much about this engine that I’m seeing that says it’s ready to run.. The valve covers are just sitting on top of the heads and the clearly the driver side cover is hovering above the head. There’s no hardware visible on the valve covers in this picture.. I don’t know what the radiator is from..? Something tells me that there’s going to probably be a lot more to getting this engine running then just wiring..
s
Motor vehicle Hood Trunk Vehicle Automotive exterior

1 - 11 of 11 Posts