Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a wacky idea-

There are still a couple drive-in movies here in SoCal:

Fast and the Furious, coming out next month!!!!!!!!

Or, we can all go to a walk-in theater, and own the place as we are the car guys that we are, ooohing and aaahhhing at all the funky realistic stuff in this movie!!!!!

Come on. It could be a monthly fun run, or walk!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
sounds fun

ha ha :ragtop:lets see theres the mission drive in, in pomona sounds like fun......Im always in for a good movie....fast and the furious or not.....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Don't mean to jack the thread, but dam this is a good idea for us nor-cal guys as well. We have a few drive ins up this way as well. :yes:

Good luck, I hope you guys have a good turn out sounds like fun! :devil:

-Justin

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Don't mean to jack the thread, but dam this is a good idea for us nor-cal guys as well. We have a few drive ins up this way as well. :yes:

-Justin

X2 Awesome idea! Just real tough to find a good time that syncs with everyone else.

How do you SoCal guys manage to organize these meets? Is everyone within 10 miles of each other? NorCal guys live up to 1-2 hours away from each other.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
In So-Cal, everyone lives 1-2 hours away. They don't think anything of driving that far to meet up. My wife used to live down there and didn't think anything of driving an hour for dinner .

it seems like here nobody wants to drive far for a get together. I don't understand...

·
Registered
6,794 Posts

-Justin
Solano Drive Inn in concord:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
I had a wacky idea-

Or, we can all go to a walk-in theater, and own the place as we are the car guys that we are, ooohing and aaahhhing at all the funky realistic stuff in this movie!!!!!

Adrianne and I have brought the nova to these drive-ins:
http://www.drive-ins.com/theater/catrubi
http://www.drive-ins.com/theater/catvanb

There was a stretch of time last fall where we were going about once per week.

I think it'd be really cool to have a bunch of novas lined up at the drive-ins.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
I didnt know there were any Drive-ins left :eek: Except in the mid west!
That does sound like it would be fun, A whole row of Novas at a Drive-in.:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
In So-Cal, everyone lives 1-2 hours away.

it seems like here nobody wants to drive far for a get together. I don't understand...

You can own a great car, but why own it if you're not gonna drive it? It's a minimum 1-1/2 hour drive for me to get to down there, but worth every minute.

Dale, the drive-in sounds like a great idea. I am definitely interested.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
me too sounds like a blast lets try to get the holeplace filled with novas now that would be bad a#@ :eek: ........... oh by the way um i dont have a radio in my car so if you could hook up the movie in brail for me that would be sweet :eek:

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I had a wacky idea-

Isn't there one by your shop? Can we do this on a Sat night if we do? I think the drive-in would be the best. Do you still need a radio to listen to the movie?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Isn't there one by your shop? Can we do this on a Sat night if we do? I think the drive-in would be the best. Do you still need a radio to listen to the movie?
its not the same without a radio remember back in the day you would try to use two of them roll the windows up and try to hide the noises you and your hot lady of the night where making :eek: .............. i know i did :devil:

1 - 20 of 118 Posts