Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics and some "how to" on moving the bumpers in on a 73' Nova? Im going to be getting the 73' out shortly and im looking for somthing cheap to do because of money restraints and i know it cleans up the look of the cars big time. Any pics and knowledge would be great. Thanks.

Nick

·
6,558 Posts
I narrowed mine on my 73 a few years back and others on the site have also. I would do a search and see what turns up.
Most people get them tucked up tight to the body but I think there are only a handful of us that have narrowed them also. It looks unfinished to me without narrowing them.
The least cost would be to make new brackets to move the bumpers in tighter to the body and if you do decide to narrow them you will have the added cost of either replating them or having to paint them to cover the cuts.
On mine the rear was by far the easiest. The front however with the dips below the headlights and outward needed a bunch of cuts to get them to look better.
I doubt if you will get by with doing anything that will be a bolt on. You may need some welding done.
Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts