Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right, .000 and I was on the wrong end of it. Been drag racing 15 solid years and have never seen a margin of victory that close, I am sure it happens, I just never seen it. He won because he had a .507 to my .520 light, the computer automatically gave it to him. I also think maybe because it could have went another decimal point farther.
I lost last week on a MOV .0037, Always on the wrong end of it.
Tony

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Don't feel bad I have lost to guy buy .002 before. And man I thought I had him at the stripe.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I wheeled a guy to .0061 for the win on Saturday and can do that consistently. .00x MOV's are common, its the .0000 like the original poster's that are rare. I lost by .0001 2 weeks in a row. The first week I gave the stripe back by .0001 (talk about a heart breaker, 1/4 less rip and I would have the win) and the following it was a flat out race with .0001 MOV me on the losing end. I haven't heard of or seen a .0000 MOV at PRP (Pittsburgh Raceway Park) since we went to the 4 decimal point system.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Same at Norwalk. Triple .000 at the stripe is common. But, if you get a .000, you can go to the tower and give them the run number on the time ticket. They can put it in the computer and tell you exactly how close it was. The timing goes to the seventh digit to the right of the decimal point but only prints 3 or 4. If you had a .000 then if you add up the reaction times and the e.t closest to the dial, it will look like a dead heat. But it really wasn't. It was just a really tight race. Next time it could be on your side. Been on both ends. And when it's .000, it's luck. Dave

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wheeled a guy to .0061 for the win on Saturday and can do that consistently. .00x MOV's are common, its the .0000 like the original poster's that are rare. I lost by .0001 2 weeks in a row. The first week I gave the stripe back by .0001 (talk about a heart breaker, 1/4 less rip and I would have the win) and the following it was a flat out race with .0001 MOV me on the losing end. I haven't heard of or seen a .0000 MOV at PRP (Pittsburgh Raceway Park) since we went to the 4 decimal point system.
There were 2 today

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same at Norwalk. Triple .000 at the stripe is common. But, if you get a .000, you can go to the tower and give them the run number on the time ticket. They can put it in the computer and tell you exactly how close it was. The timing goes to the seventh digit to the right of the decimal point but only prints 3 or 4. If you had a .000 then if you add up the reaction times and the e.t closest to the dial, it will look like a dead heat. But it really wasn't. It was just a really tight race. Next time it could be on your side. Been on both ends. And when it's .000, it's luck. Dave
4 place decimal, .0000, UHGGG!!!:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
That's luck. It may never happen again. If it does, hope you're on the good side. When I run Pro/Mod or No Box, I try to tighten it as much as Mark does. Most times it's in my favor, but sometimes it doesn't work that way. Dave

·
Registered
398 Posts
About a month ago my brother and I raced the same gal. He beat her in the regular elimination by .005 and then I beat her that same day in the final round of the 2nd chance race by .003.

Two loses in same day by total of .008 thousandths.

I never feel bad about losing races like that because that is something that we can't measure with our eyes only with technology.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
My total loss margin of the year so far for 6 points races is .019. I'm getting a bit tired of it. lol Dave

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had some of that same luck last year. I went out the 1st round for 10 straight races with only one red light and two lights worse than .049 and they were .077 and .089.

As Dan Fletcher wrote in one of his columns when he was struggling. He was racing better than he ever had but couldn't get the thousandths to roll his way.

Watch out though once the luck goes your way cuz you will be deadly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts