Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got some numbers off from my 327 on the front left side below the head on the flat of the motor block. can anyone tell me what these numbers say?
from left to right 3E4225 V1222KL an the V could be an M.
i could of read them better if the alternator an fuel line wasn't in the way.

·
Premium Member
3,749 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dave... thanks for the info. so the way you wrote the info. KL means its 1967 motor?

·
13,956 Posts
KL designates the engine application. In this case, it's a 327/275 HP used in 1967 full size Chevrolets (Impala, etc.) with THM 350 transmissions. I can't find any other mid sixties Chevrolet V/8 engines with that suffix designation. It's possible the same block was used for other cars in other years, but there would be different suffix code letters. What is the 7 digit block casting number on your engine? It will likely start with 38.

Bob

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bob .... thanks for the info on the KL. i'll have to get those casting number when i get back home. i'm gone for a few days 4-5 for some fall time salmon fishing.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CDNL79........ a few days back you said casting number an should start with 38. okay ill look for the casting numbers, but were to look?

·
13,956 Posts
CDNL79........ a few days back you said casting number an should start with 38. okay ill look for the casting numbers, but were to look?
Rear left side of the block on top of the bell housing flange.

B.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
those cast numbers will have to be later this winter when the nova is on the stands for grease job/oil change. there is now way to see those numbers from above with-out some kind of light an mirror. thanks

·
13,956 Posts
those cast numbers will have to be later this winter when the nova is on the stands for grease job/oil change. there is now way to see those numbers from above with-out some kind of light an mirror. thanks
You should be able to see the number by going under the hood with a flashlight. Drivers side rear of the engine on top of the bell housing flange. Got my L79 casting number in seconds.

B.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope not to be seen. maybe its the rear of the headers that block the view.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts