Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the new bullit is done and going on the dyno in a day or two, I'm really hoping this thing puts out some good numbers but who knows! My best friend that I race with every weekend just had his new combo done and dynoed at the same shop and his made 985HP on motor alone. My combo isn't quite as radical as his but it should still do fairly well. Here's a list of what's in the new bullit.

540" Merlin III Block
15.1 CR
AFR 345 Magnums CNC w/ Jesel Shaft System
Comp Cams Solid Roller .812" int. & .820" exh. with 290* @ .050"
Callies 4.25" 4340 Knife Edged Crank
Reher Morrison CNC Single Plane Intake
Pro Systems 1200cfm Dominator
MSD Crank Trigger to help keep the timing stable.

I'll post the dyno sheets on the board here when I get them.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I know the feeling of waiting for the dyno day. We're just starting putting my new 496 together. It'll be interesting to see what numbers your's puts out. We hope to have mine together and on the dyno by the 28th.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ox65 said:
Who's the shop that put it together? That combo sounds sick, Keep us updated.
Craiger Race Engines out of Clymer,New York. He builds alot of the Empire Super Sprints engines, NMRA Super Street Engines. He had a 360ci. SBC out there a couple of weeks ago that made 730HP. I'd really like to see somewhere between 750 and 775 out of the motor that'd put me running somewhere in the 9.50 range on the motor and spray it and get an 8.90 out of it. I will definetly keep ya posted on the results!

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
badass70_nova said:
Craiger Race Engines out of Clymer,New York. He builds alot of the Empire Super Sprints engines, NMRA Super Street Engines. He had a 360ci. SBC out there a couple of weeks ago that made 730HP. I'd really like to see somewhere between 750 and 775 out of the motor that'd put me running somewhere in the 9.50 range on the motor and spray it and get an 8.90 out of it. I will definetly keep ya posted on the results!
Sounds wicked and nasty :D Give me a call tonight.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
that thing is a monster . your car is going to sound like a top sportsman car . real real nasty. good luck with that new piece.:)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1quik63 said:
I think that motor will make alot more than 775! I have a similar motor in my chevelle, and it made [email protected]
It'll be a fun one!
That'd be great if it did make more I just don't want to set myself up and be dissapointed. My buddys old 540 was only 11:5.1 with a set of Bowtie Heads and a cam with .690" lift and it made 740HP on the same dyno last year so I'm really optimistic about the whole deal!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nova10sec said:
Dammmmm. I don't know if my motor makes enough power to even be your starter...

A buddy's 540, a lot less radical, made 760hp and runs 9:70's un-tuned. So you are going to have a rocket!!!!!!
Like I said all I'm hoping for is 775 and if she makes more than that's a bonus! The engine builder seems to think it will be around 750 or so but our two engines are the first all out BB Drag Race engines he's done other than some SBC drag stuff, so I'm hoping he's wrong on his predictions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought a shaifroff ultrastreet 540 2years ago-10-1 comp 650 lift (both int-exh)with dart pro 1 335 heads dart intake ,motor made [email protected] and 689 pounds @ 5500 in a 3150 car with glide went [email protected] Your motor... I bet WILL make 850-900 HAPPY HORSEPOWER!! :chev: What a motor!! Alot will depend on lobe seperation. Have fun. Doug

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scuncio said:
I bought a shaifroff ultrastreet 540 2years ago-10-1 comp 650 lift (both int-exh)with dart pro 1 335 heads dart intake ,motor made [email protected] and 689 pounds @ 5500 in a 3150 car with glide went [email protected] Your motor... I bet WILL make 850-900 HAPPY HORSEPOWER!! :chev: What a motor!! Alot will depend on lobe seperation. Have fun. Doug
Yeah this one has 112 lobe seperation so we'll see.....Tomorrow morning it goes on!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
3 hrs. and counting!

She's getting fired up at 11:00 this morning and she's getting put to the test to see what she's made of so I'll have the results and some pictures of the motor and a pic of the dyno sheet for ya'll tonight! Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
1 - 20 of 53 Posts