Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen the advertisements for these, but I'm skeptical about spending thirty some dollars on it. Does anyone know it it works well and doesnt irratate the finish?:confused:

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
I've used one at my friends house on some alloy wheels he had laying around. boy did it work!! I was very impressed that a crappy foam ball on a drill would give such great results :yes::yes: I haven't bought my own yet:no: waiting for them to go on sale:yes::D

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
If you buy one, keep the package. Mine fell apart after about 2 months.
I just took it back and they exchanged it no problem.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Mine fell apart as well after washing it and using it several more times. I bought the mini one that I dont wash and it's seems to be lasting longer. :D

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
I had one. It was totally destroyed before I finished 3 wheels. I talked to Mother's reps on Power Tour and they blaimed me for it. So, they won't have to worry about getting any more of my money and I told them so. They didn't act like they cared, so I said futch em.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have all three had 2 of them over 3 years and they still look like new. I use mine on my wheels and other aluminum parts. I must of got the good lemmon. Really mine look like new. I pull mine apart and clean it in the laundry tub then let dry.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
I have had really good luck with mine also. I use Mothers Wheel Polish with mine. I use a cheap paint brush to put on the polish then use my 3/8 electric drill to spin it. It has a few chunks out of it but is is at least 3 years old and been used a dozen times or so.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I've used the mini power ball, i'd rather use my hands.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Anybody used the new Power Cone? I've only used my Power Ball once,but I did like it! I used it with Mother's PowerMetal Polish,and my wheels turned out good. I've gotten better results by hand with Mother's Billet,Wenol,and English Custom polishes. The PowerBall plus any of those polishes would probably make for a killer combo!

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
...yep, I use both the large and small head Power Ball on my Alcoa dually wheels because I'm too hold and broken down to polish those things by hand anymore. And, to my surprise, they work better than my hand polishing ever did.
Just not quite old enough and broken down to handle that deuce of yours:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts