Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am mocking up everything to put in my wheeltubs and floor in my 67 nova pro street project. I was wondering, is it standard practice to tack weld the tub to the floor and frame rail every inch or so and fill in the rest with seam sealer or to fully weld it? I also know that you are not supposed to weld the tub to the quarter panel. I understand that you need to get the tub as close to the quarter panel as possible and then seal it with silicon or seam sealer. How close should I try to get? Is 1/4 inch to big of a gap? Lastly, does everyone install their tubs level or do you tip them forward or back? What is the purpose of this if you tilt them? Thanks in advance. I just want to do this right the first time:)

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I fully welded mine. It adds some weight but my car isnt a race car. And it adds a considerable amount of strength. For the tub to quarter I left some of my original inner tubs in place (2-3 inches) and fully welded to that section. Made patch panels where the tubs wouldnt tie up cause they are larger than the original tubs. And as far as forward or aft I dont know. Mine are pretty symmetrical. JR

Hack

1 - 2 of 2 Posts