Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to put thread locker on the torque converter bolts. My nova repair manual says 35ft/lbs, that seems kind of low?????

Also, I posted this in my last thread but it was pretty much done. Is it really bad foe the transmission pump to not fill the converter with fluid before running it? I have the trany already bolted in, I saw that there was a little fluid in the the converter when I put it on, will that be enough?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Do I need to put thread locker on the torque converter bolts. My nova repair manual says 35ft/lbs, that seems kind of low?????

Also, I posted this in my last thread but it was pretty much done. Is it really bad foe the transmission pump to not fill the converter with fluid before running it? I have the trany already bolted in, I saw that there was a little fluid in the the converter when I put it on, will that be enough?

Thanks
Either Lock-tite or machined interference style lock nuts.

As for the fluid, I generally fill mine but in all actuality it's more important to put a little lube on the pump drive "Snout" of the converter to try and avoid damaging the seal upon installation of the converter and during the initial start-up.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply D-Man. I got an email from ******* and apparently they dyno their tranies/converters before they send them out so the pump and everything is lubed already.:yes::yes: He said they require no breakin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts