Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we got the 4 link clip welded in....double, triple checked all the measurements...made sure we were square...and here is the results:!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Very...very productive weekend!!!

-John

·
Registered
139 Posts
LOOKING GOOD!!!!

Man your going to be done before you know it

Bret

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
awesome awesome awesome

how are you planning your wheel tubs? going to try to make them appear stockish? or do you have aluminum tubs in mind???

·
Registered
311 Posts
Are you going to try and keep some of the stock floor or did you just leave it in for rigidity on the body while you work?

Looks good, keep it up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sweet Work

new guy here, glad i am looking at buying one already tubbed, lol, dont have the tools to do a big project like that. :( lookin good though fella, cant wait to see the finished pics.
if i am not mistaken, those are the mickey thompson street tires right?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1965proSTREET said:
awesome awesome awesome

how are you planning your wheel tubs? going to try to make them appear stockish? or do you have aluminum tubs in mind???
I am going to be using aluminum tubs and sheet metal in there. I am a sucker for the bead rolled stuff!

62civa - Those are the Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R Radials in 29x18

ryan63 - I am keeping things in for rigidity for now...gonna be cutting out the rest probably next weekend.

Now all I need are some axles, a narrowed rear housing (for my Strange aluminum center section!) and brakes before I can have her rolling again!

-John (a bit tired, sore and extremely happy!)

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
Man, seriously, when I got down to the 2 pictures and saw how wicked those tire's looked under there, my mouth damn near hit the key board! Holy S*#T, that is sweet!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
69gofast said:
Ain't it cool to see the tires under the car the first time, I loved it on mine!
Yeah...I grabbed my chair...placed it behind the car...sat down......must have gotten up about 5 times to adjust the tires before I was happy...I actually wanted to lower the rear a bit more then where it is at to get a closer idea of how the car will look with it at the proper ride height. What is hard to see is that my garage slopes down at a pretty aggressive angle about 2/3rds of the way back...so even though the car looks even the back is actually pretty high in the air.

-John

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Your car is looking mighty fine, keep up the good work. And keep the pictures coming.

Denis

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
dude...I swear, everytime i see that last pic, i think of mine...if I would have repainted the color it was when i got it, we'd have TWINKY cars!!!!hahahaha...look---
my car

your car

i shouldve never met you at dustys...gave you TOOOOO many ideas huh???
lookin forward to seeing it in person....might try to sneak over there this weekend....

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tony..

Stop on down! I should be around all weekend! Yeah...you definately gave me some good ideas thats for sure!

What gets me is this picture:

It really hammers home how big those tires are in comparison to the wheels that were on there before!

-John

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
yeah i may come over saturday morning...give me directions ok??
hey, this is a pic kinda like that outta the nova handbook....crazy huh??

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
What happenned to the mini tub job? LOL
Never mind this is LOOKING GOOD:eek:

I need to get back to working on mine!

Mark (good work John!)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1965proSTREET said:
yeah i may come over saturday morning...give me directions ok??
hey, this is a pic kinda like that outta the nova handbook....crazy huh??
Saturday is good with me!

I will PM you the directions!

That article looks exactly like the instructional that can be found on the Chris Alston's Chassiswork site. Actually I got it from one of the Chassiswork guys that I was referred to.

-John (I will get you those directions asap!)

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
hey guys, i met up with John this weekend...His car is REALLY looking awesome...photos dont do it justice...this is gonna be a awesome car for a reallly great guy...had fun hangin out and talkin hot rods!!! hope to do it again soon john!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts