Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried to move the seat brackets farther back to get some more leg-room for taller X-body drivers?

I have a 71 with a bench seat, I've seent the seatbelt bolts, but can't say I've ever seen the bolts holding the seats down. Are the seat bolted to special reinforced places in the floor pan?

·
Registered
673 Posts
yeah, they are.

it is also hard to move them since the floor dives down for the passenger foot well right behind them too.

What I would do is get some seats out of a modern 2 door car, since they have a long sliding range, which would allow you to get them back far enough.
this assumes originality isn't a top priority.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I've never looked to see how the sliders mount to the seat frame, but maybe you could remove the sliders and reinstall them an inch or so forward on the seat frame. That would do the same thing as moving the mounts on the floorboards back. Like I said, I don't know how hard that would be to do, but it might be easier.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NovatoriusRex said:
This guy on Ebay sells pre-made extenders to do exactly what you're asking for.

Here's a listing for 62-67 seats, but it sounds like he'll make what you need on request.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966...ewItemQQcategoryZ34206QQitemZ4635009305QQrdZ1

It doesn't look like it'd be too hard to make up a set of these yourself though. :)
Wow! Very cool, Thanks Novatorius!, I was thinking about opening up a business that altered cars for taller drivers, somebody has beaten me to it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts