Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
an they cut the top off the steering wheel ?? at lest it looked that way on the pictures i see.

·
14,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
an they cut the top off the steering wheel ?? at lest it looked that way on the pictures i see.
The top of the wheel is visible in the exterior pictures. There are no detailed pictures of the interior and only one of the engine. Pretty sad for a car listed at $90K.

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
I'm not buying this story, either.

The assembly date of the car is 11B - the second week of November, 1965. The engine's ID date is 1109 - November 9th, which was the Tuesday of the second week of November. So we're supposed to believe that this engine block was assembled in Flint on Tuesday, shipped to Warren, processed into inventory and installed in a car before the end of the week? That's some pretty fast delivery work! It must have been moving so fast that the guy doing the die work didn't have time to put the partial VIN on it. :rolleyes:

And, the paint on the engine pad looks like it was poured on, but there are also indentations that look like tool marks.

Final question: If this car has the all-important POP, why didn't the seller include a photo?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Yep, all those extra marks on the engine pad look bad:yes:

·
Super Moderator
4,109 Posts
Even with a POP and the correct numbers on the pad, does anyone think this is $90K worth of Nova? I don't. Good color, and would have to see the documents, but that BIN is in pretty rarified air for a restored car. Who was the last L-79 owner to get it, and how does their car compare?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Only 16,000 miles, but fully restored. No partial VIN on the engine pad jumps out to me. Also, the VIN the seller is giving is the top line Fisher Body cowl tag info, and even that is incorrect.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Chevr...ash=item3fab206353:g:6OQAAOSwlgFbl8Pd&vxp=mtr

Bob
The Cowl Tag does not appear to be an Original Cowl Tag in my opinion. Regardless, the Sequence Number and the build Date do not jive based on my collection of Cowl Tags.

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts