Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Mopar offset shackles (Mopar Performance Offset Shackle Kits #P4120075 in Summit catalog) to move the back of the rear springs inboard 3/4" ?
I have a Lincoln Versailles 9" with Nova spring perches welded inboard about 1/2" on each side. Will there be a problem with interference with the rear frame rails?
Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
10,013 Posts
One thing to consider it that the Nova spring eyes are not the same size as Mopar spring eyes, and you might want to check the size of the bolts as well.

When I was moving springs inboard on the rear of my 67 coupe I used Mopar SS springs with a Mopar front mount and an AFCO slider in the rear.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mopar Offset Shackles & Alternative

I was hoping that I'd only have the drill the shackle bolt holes on the Mopar shackles to 9/16 and replace the bolts with grade 5's., using the Nova bushings.

Alternatively, could I just add offset metal bushings (~1 1/2" diameter, 3/4" thick with 9/16" holes to the original rear spring shackles ?

I'm looking for a do-at-home (aka no welding) fix for this minor narrowing of the spring perches, using the stock fronts.

Any thoughts ?

PS - Mike, good to hear from you again. Been a while since you helped me with my Versailles 9" conversion. I ended up with SSBC rear disks. Rebuilding the Versailles disks was too complicated for me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
offset spring hangers

Cpp has 2 different kits a 3/4 set and a 1 3/4 set comes with bushings I have the 1 3/4 set and the bushings fit my monoleaf springs and the hangers look really good

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Offset Shackles for 63 Nova

I was worried about interference with the rear frame rails. CPP only lists them for 68-74 Novas.

·
Registered
346 Posts
One thing to consider it that the Nova spring eyes are not the same size as Mopar spring eyes, and you might want to check the size of the bolts as well.

When I was moving springs inboard on the rear of my 67 coupe I used Mopar SS springs with a Mopar front mount and an AFCO slider in the rear.
Mike, I was a Mopar guy back in the early '70s, owned a few including Hemi's & raced a '70 440 6pack Cuda in NHRA SS/FA. I now have a '67 Chevy II sedan and very interested in learning more about your method for moving the springs! Is it possible you can share more details in a PM?

Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mike, I was a Mopar guy back in the early '70s, owned a few including Hemi's & raced a '70 440 6pack Cuda in NHRA SS/FA. I now have a '67 Chevy II sedan and very interested in learning more about your method for moving the springs! Is it possible you can share more details in a PM?

Thanks
Or you can always share your wealth of knowledge on the thread :)

Following

1 - 8 of 8 Posts