1 - 20 of 40 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Looks like fun! Never done this. And so close. Must speak to my husband.:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Joe, I have missed every one of these for one reason or another, so maybe this year I can make it. :yes: See you there.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went last year and it was packed. You need to get there really early. If you run your car you need to pre register and go in the side gate so you don't wait in line. My wife got there about an hour after I did and barley got a parking spot. The entire parking area was full and the entire circle track was used for parking and got full. People were parked on arrow hwy all the way on the other side of the 605 fwy.:eek:

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Been there done that.....gotta get there early early to get parked inside the Irwindale facility's main parking lot. Quite the collection of a variety of cars, and thousands of enthusiasts from all walks of life. Put this on your must-attend list of events to check out.....RK

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lately I haven't been able to run my car much at all. My kid is in freshman football and games are on thursdays. By the time I get to irwindale it 7pm. Im lucky to get two or three runs in. This thursday a nova blew his lower radiator hose off at the start and spilled coolant down the whole track. Not a good night. Hopefully I'll get more than two passes at mooneyes.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
As I said, I have never made it to the Mooneyes show but heard you could make lots of runs. The problem has been finding a place to pit. :eek: Maybe we just have to pit in the staging lanes. :confused::turn:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last year they had assigned pit spaces. No problems. If I remember right I got in quite a few passes. I don't mind the crowds for an event like this.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I'LL BE THERE WITH THE WIFE! :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Sent my check in this week, looking forward to finally making to this show! :yes::yes: I plan to some serious TnT, gotta do what I can to stay faster than you Joe. :D Wait you already are faster than me. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
This year, I will be racecar-less. It will still be in Japan, but we will be there with the battlewagon RV. Friday evening, I am having a BBQ for the AFX drag crew. Great time for all who attend!
You can always run the Drag N Wagon!!:yes: I'm going to run my :moped:
PS...You need to get there real early cuz its a mess to get in.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got my pit pass and wrist bands in the mail yesterday. Looks like the weather should be good next weekend. Cant wait to break in the new tires.:devil:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Got mine too! :yes: Saturday forecast: 70 degrees and sunny. :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts