Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read earlier posts about these springs. I got set for Fathers day and they are indeed almost 1" shorter than stock. They are almost right at 15". I had them in to check the ride height but took the suspension apart again to replace the ball joints. I would like the front to sit down even lower so I wondering if anyone has cut them and if so, how much?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea.....I'll give it a few weeks once I have it back together and see how much it settles. I really want to use the coil over set up that you have but it's not in the budget right now.

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
The QA1 coil over is really a good deal for the price. Stock type springs run close to $100 for a pair, good non adjustable shocks like Bilsteins run $140 a pair, now you have spent half of the cost of the coil overs and if the spring doesn't work out then you get to buy another pair. I went through all that on the El Camino and after changing springs twice it still isn't where I want it. One time expense on the Nova and if I change my mind on ride height it is just an adjustment and alignment that will be needed. Plus the benefit of having adjustable shocks is cool too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts