Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question here...I have a 71 Nova with an 8.2 rear and mono leaf. I’m buying a Moser 12 bolt and I want to swap over to multi leafs. Besides Moser doing their part with the perches, are there any other changes I’ll need to make to get multi leafs to fit?

Also, what brand leaf springs do you guys recommend? I’d want to keep the stock ride height.

Thanks for any help or advice.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I did that swap and used DSE springs. They make several springs with several different arches.
Once you have the correct perches everything bolts right in. You might want to have replacement cage nuts on hand for the front spring mount.

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,337 Posts
Should be a perfect fit if you are getting the multi-spring perch with your 12 bolt. Get new pads for in between the springs and perches. I think the have urethane out there now. Go u-bolt too.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I got 3 leaf replacement springs from a local spring shop, they fit the perches nicely but there was no room for pads, mine is a 63 tho so I’m not sure how different your perches are. Use U bolts a lot of factory cars had one U bolt and two T bolts per side I went with two U bolts each side.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Is multileaf better ride than the aftermarket composite monoleaf?
I replaced stock multi-leaf with aftermarket composite mono. I think the ride is a little stiffer but they sure do weigh a lot less. It's about $400 to go this route, which I think compares favorably with metal spring prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts