Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still have the originals on my 63. Currently trying to sort out driveline angles and need to get the stance where I want it before I can proceed. It has air shocks on it currently and I want to put traditional shocks on it (TBD) so the question is how much sag could be expected after 56 years of sitting on one's ass? I need to get the back end up about 1.25-1.5" so has it sagged so much after 56 years that I could put, say, a multi leaf setup at stock height and gain that much lift? or should I go to a new spring with an actual lift amount?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I would start by taking some measurements and determine where it stands relative to where you want it to be or factory specs.. You can check the ride height specs on Novasource which should give you a point of reference to work with as well..

Keep in mind that the mono leaf springs have a fairly light spring rate and compress pretty easily with very little load on them. If you have a lot of junk in the trunk it will lower the rear of the car.. My 64 had longer shackles and air shocks on it when I first got it and I didn’t particularly care for the stance it had either.

https://www.novaresource.org/dimensions.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts