Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

If anyone is interested in going to mission raceway this year for Friday night street legals. I will be going almost every week weather permitting.

I know the dealer goes more than I do..... Anyways, it would be nice to have a show of novas there. If anyone has thought about going or maybe needs a little help or advise to get the car there, I might be able to help.

Just send me a pm or write on this blog. I will update every Thursday before the day of racing.

You still have two and a half months before racing starts. Should be early April this year.

Paul
67ss502

·
Registered
135 Posts
I wish! Hard to believe it's already 6 years since I've been :(

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm shooting for the first day as well! My motor is out of the car and the cage needs work to make certain the car will pass tech with over 900 HP. I'm hoping funds and time permit being ready as I still have to pass the tests and a physical...I hope all the beer and wings don't set me back!!! lol.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I plan to be there this year. I just didn't have time to finish the car for last year.

I've still got a few things to do, but we are putting the motor together sometime in the next month or so.

Chris.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I plan to be there this year. I just didn't have time to finish the car for last year.

I've still got a few things to do, but we are putting the motor together sometime in the next month or so.

Chris.
Woohoo!!! It's nice to have a showing and fun on the same night!

·
Registered
320 Posts
What is your goal for et this year? under 10???
Depends on if I can get all the cage work done before race season. I want to run low 10's on motor if not a high 9's...I have built the motor to take 500hp of juice, so I f I crank it up I could go mid 8's. I need to take it slow and make sure to get my chassis working right and tune up right as well!

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Last time I went I had to borrow a pair of long pants from CdnL79...... and then went on to beat Burns 2 outta 3 !!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only three weeks and two days to go!!!!!!

Not that i am counting down the days.

Same offer as before, anyone wants to go or needs a little help getting there. Just let me know.

Dealer 4 lengths no spray????

Paul

·
Registered
136 Posts
I will! I had so much fun last year. Anyone know if your allowed to to run on the test and tune days, April 5 and 19?? I want to get out as soon as possible. Winter has been too long!

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
I will! I had so much fun last year. Anyone know if your allowed to to run on the test and tune days, April 5 and 19?? I want to get out as soon as possible. Winter has been too long!
Looks like the first street legal race is May 3. I think that is probably the best bang for your buck. I believe the test and tune stuff is over by about 5 or so.

Would like to get out more than once this year. We will see how the summer goes.

Have fun.

ray

·
Registered
320 Posts
Only three weeks and two days to go!!!!!!

Not that i am counting down the days.

Same offer as before, anyone wants to go or needs a little help getting there. Just let me know.

Dealer 4 lengths no spray????

Paul

Sure...I'm in! That would be a good race for...??? haha lol!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just emailed them a request to see if we can run that day and how much. I know in years past it was more expensive than the Friday night street legals but you bet lots of runs.

We cant reserve any space until after March 25th, but if we can.........:devil: How many people would like to reserve a spot?

Paul

·
Registered
637 Posts
Just came back from Jim's having the 496er re-dynoed. Seems my stats are about the same as with those "old" piece of crap heads. The Brodix's aren't ported like the old ones, but I guess that's what the extra $500 bought me when I put the junk ones on? Oh well, I got a least 500 miles out of them so that means a dollar a mile? Anyway, I had my fun with them and now I get to see them sink into the "Blue Abiss"!

The "new and improved" version is still 600 hp & 600 ft. lb. but I don't think I'll be pulling this one apart for a while?:devil::yes:

Really want to get the Nova out for some of the Test & Tunes, so let me know what to do about reserving? Thanks guys, see ya there!:yes:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just came back from Jim's having the 496er re-dynoed. Seems my stats are about the same as with those "old" piece of crap heads. The Brodix's aren't ported like the old ones, but I guess that's what the extra $500 bought me when I put the junk ones on? Oh well, I got a least 500 miles out of them so that means a dollar a mile? Anyway, I had my fun with them and now I get to see them sink into the "Blue Abiss"!

The "new and improved" version is still 600 hp & 600 ft. lb. but I don't think I'll be pulling this one apart for a while?:devil::yes:

Really want to get the Nova out for some of the Test & Tunes, so let me know what to do about reserving? Thanks guys, see ya there!:yes:
Well, longevity is better for sure!!! I'm glad the POS heads are off... Did the motor make any improvements through the RPM range?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts