Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to take my 70 for a few runs at the Mopac Performance Street Legals this season, but thought maybe we can coordinate a Nova/Acadian night. It is run what you brung, personal best. Quite tame. Dont punish your ride to breakage. 2 years ago I was pulling high 14's low 15 in my stock 270 HP Nova. It was so thrilling !!, The line up with other cars, the staging at the lights, BAM down the track :) Then you get your time slip. Wow :eek:
For the competative ones, always a chance to line up against a friend if you want :devil:

68SSGrandpa, my friend, I drop the gauntlet and challenge you..... BRING IT :cool:, or tuck your package back and curtsey to the Steelrat :devil:

Dates I have chosen are as follows, they are all after the June 14 MAXIMUM NOVA/ACADIAN CRUISE to ensure no breakage or mishaps prior that would diminish the cruise participation.

This is yet another opportunity to bring family, food, etc, and have a great Friday night out. Driver fee for the night is $30.00 with 4 -6 runs average, spectator $5.00 - kids under 12 free. Do the math...hell of a deal for all to attend.
details at
http://www.missionraceway.com/mrprules/08fridayrules.htm
Dates are:
June 19, 26
July 3, 10
August 7, 14, 28
September 11, 18, 25
October 2, 9

So.......punks,... are ya feeling lucky?

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
sound fun,cute lil'steel rodent fella....:D:devil:
will they allow ragtops to run?
even if they won't i'd love to spectate if the dates don't conflict..
leftcoast

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need a helmet to run convertables

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Need a helmet to run convertables
do they make one large enough to fit my melon?!?:D
seatbelts are also req'd,right? my car has none,but it's probably time anyways......
leftcoast carl.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ive been spectating so far at the street legals this year. my helmuts have expired so ill be needing that before i run again, or just run the single pass.

my acadian is still waiting for parts so i will be driving the daily driver. i have a stack of old timeslips before 2005 with my old daily driver from here and old the old sir, havnt been down the track yet with my GN.

ill be watching for you guys.

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
do they make one large enough to fit my melon?!?:D
seatbelts are also req'd,right? my car has none,but it's probably time anyways......
leftcoast carl.
Water in the rad, no hubcaps, wheelcovers, nothing inside the car or trunk, reverse lock out, battery bolted down and no leaks. and a catch can for the rad.

Lots and lots of fun. Met your buddy Rick with his 70 Nova last week. Would be fun to put our cars up against each other. The VW club has a gathering every year. Seems weird to see VW run 25 seconds at 69mph. And then a guy goes 10 at 135.

Ray

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I will try to come out with my boy, he would love to come:yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts