Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
14,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old Car Sunday in the Park again in Mission B.C. this Sunday, Father's Day.
Who's planning to attend? We always get together at Tim Hortons in the shopping centre across from Mission Raceway starting at 8:30 AM and then cruise as a group to the park at 9AM. There is a $10 per car entry fee that goes to charity. The show is over before 3PM, so lots of time to get home for your 'Daddy Day BBQ.'

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
I will be ther with family looking at cars, dont think the car will be. I need to swap out distributor, etc. This week is jammed full busy.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Old Car Sunday in the Park again in Mission B.C. this Sunday, Father's Day.
Who's planning to attend? We always get together at Tim Hortons in the shopping centre across from Mission Raceway starting at 8:30 AM and then cruise as a group to the park at 9AM. There is a $10 per car entry fee that goes to charity. The show is over before 3PM, so lots of time to get home for your 'Daddy Day BBQ.'

Bob
Hoping my pushrods are in by then for the Nova, and will meet you guys at Tim's as per usual. I will know for sure Friday, if they are not here by then, I will not be going...
To meet you guys by 9:00Am, I think the Surrey group left 160st park-n-ride by 8:00AM, or close to that time. Frank loves RPM 's down the highway, cleans the carbon out of the 327 real nice.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Oh yeah .. I will be there !

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
i'm planning to be there too!!
leftcoast carl.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I will be there, but cruising in with a bunch of other buddies.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
i'm planning to be there too!!
leftcoast carl.
i'm watching the weather forecast and i'm undecided if i'm in or not.coaching has come to an end,but the yard has been seriously neglected.i may opt to stay home unless the weather is really nice.i'll advise as it gets closer.
leftcoast carl.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
i'm watching the weather forecast and i'm undecided....... i may opt to stay home unless the weather is really nice.i'll advise as it gets closer.
leftcoast carl.
I agree with Carl. The current forecast is 90% chance of rain. I am not really liking the sound on that. :( :puke:

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I will not be attending the show. The kids are taking me camping....cant say no to that!:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cruise Vidoe

Sorry guys extreamly busy with work and family i will post the video thursday morning from the cruise

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well my buddies had to bail on the show. Now the deciding factor will be the rain. If it rains, I can't be there since the front and rear window seals aren't that great.

I'm really hoping for no rain... please, please, car gods, be good to me!

(Which reminds me, anyone know where I can get the seals done cheap? I have them at home, just need to get 'em in).

·
14,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The forecast for Sunday is getting worse. They've eliminated the % chance of rain and now it's just plain rain. We've been in this situation before on the Thursday prior to this show and everything changed for the better. Let's give 'er a few more days.

Bob

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I remember a day in that park not so long ago...! Hey steelrat ..I know you don't like to talk about it ...but that was one wet day !
I am still optimistic ...just wait ..!:pray::angel::pray::pray:

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
I remember a day in that park not so long ago...! Hey steelrat ..I know you don't like to talk about it ...but that was one wet day !
I am still optimistic ...just wait ..!:pray::angel::pray::pray:
heh heh yep, thats where we first met, ah the drizzle, the showers, the pooling puddles in the grass and sodden shoes....memories :D

·
14,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Todays forecast for Sunday is same as yesterday....rain:(.

Bob

·
14,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Things are looking up:). Now sunny periods in the forecast and only 40% chance of rain in the afternoon. This event is over by 3PM, so could be OK. Getting the Nova ready today.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
sorry guys,but i'm gonna pass this year:(.
too much stuff i've been neglecting at home and i have 100 people coming over next weekend.
have a great time and don't scratch my L-79 cooler(a.k.a. frank's nova) when obtaining cold beverages from the trunk!!!
leftcoast carl.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts