Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sterring colum

Hi,
I can not be sure on your 64 but the manual for the '66 shows a Spring, and Cam LD-RD? (that looks like that may be the item at 12 o'clock in your picture)

So once the spring is in place the Sterring wheel would go on followed by the Contact assembley, a washer, nut the the Cap (for the horn).

Hope that helps.

I could try to send you scans of the two pages I have if you'd like.

HTH's.

Darrel

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok does any one have the parts i need?

also has any one used the heidts column shaft kit? What holds the shaft in the column from moving up and down once the spring and steering wheel is installed?

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I just went thru that issue with putting mine back together. Check this thread out: http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36051
Complete with a copy of the assy manual from Flyer!! I put mine together last weekend I used a shaft and lower spring and bearing assy from an old Suburban. The shaft is "captured" between the two springs. If that makes any sense.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Nova_Guy said:
Isn't it kind of dangerous to drive 42mph at 3360rpm without a steering wheel?
I was thinking the same thing. At least put some locking pliers on there!

·
Registered
879 Posts
I dig the gauge setup!! Is that a Dakota Digital setup?

And I agree....life on the wild side rocks!!!! Who needs a steering wheel when you can simply tug on the handy dandy ole emergency brake!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
kceb10,,looking at your lack of even visegrips reminds me of the story I tell about my son.;)

Building the various go karts,mini bikes and now race cars,,I'm the slow meticulous type:eek: .Through the years when I'd say ",,,let's take it apart again,,adjust the brakes,sand it down and paint it". I could read his mind,,, "F### that,, I'm ridding this thing in 15 minutes !":eek:

So I fully unterstand the lack of the visegrips,aircleaner,shifter or hood.:D

RED67:chev:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts