Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So unfortunately I could use some help in this matter. :mad:

My 63 2 door sedan has been in Sparks NV for four months to get paint and body work done. Josh Dennis has had the car in a warehouse in Sparks Nevada on the corner of Linda and Freeport very close to Glendale.

I was in town yesterday and dude is MIA. He won't tell me where my car is and he may be driving it around. A police report was filed and Josh is looking at an embezzlement charge at this point.

White 2 door Sedan with prostar weld wheels.
Body may be in primer or down to metal in some areas.
Lic Plate Number: 4NZN227

Here is his face book page https://www.facebook.com/josh.dennis.754?fref=ts

If you see the car or may have any information on the vehicle, please give me a call.

Thanks,

And a few pictures

·
Registered
354 Posts
Holy crap...some people have balls man....properly never make it up here...but if it does...I live right by the busiest border crossing (I know some of the guard. Ex fed employee-me)...I'll keep eye out....

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear this! I hate thieves.. Was this a side job gone wrong or does this Josh guy work at a shop? If so id be living at that shop waiting for him with the Cops on speed dial.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear this! I hate thieves.. Was this a side job gone wrong or does this Josh guy work at a shop? If so id be living at that shop waiting for him with a bat.
Fify not sure what I hate more a thief or a liar

Good luck on getting her back

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys... Josh Dennis https://www.facebook.com/josh.dennis.754?fref=ts was hired and referred to me by a friend. His work is good, but his addiction issues and other life choices get in the way.

I've given him many opportunities to make things right, but he's made it clear that he doesn't want to give the car back.

He's just a guy in a warehouse and yes now i know it was a TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE DEAL! It might be located in a shop in Sparks and the Prop Mgr will be available tomorrow to let me and some police in the unit.

Any Reno/Sparks guys know this guy? and please keep an eye out.

My number is 510.915.5580

Thanks,

B

·
Registered
151 Posts
Will definatly keep my eyes open for the car.. I'm in So Cal.. Inland empire and Long beach all the time.. Hope you get this sorted out man...

·
Registered
555 Posts
I am in Carson City and was all over Reno last week for HAN and do not recall seeing a Nova like yours. I will keep a look out and please PM me if you need any help.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How did he make it clear he's not giving the car back?Did he flat out say that and what is his reason for saying it?
Hard to believe anything he says... I was in Reno Friday and Saturday and he wouldn't give me a location to where the car was. He was claiming he was still working on it blah blah blah.

After a while I said screw it. Give me back my car or I'm calling the cops. No response and now the car is reported stolen and I'm hoping its in the warehouse i left it in 4 months ago where he's been evicted from.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Curious how many times did you check on the car over the past 4 months?

I don't want to kick you while you're done but..

Too good of a deal -- strike 1
working on your car in a random warehouse -- strike 2
known addictions / arrest -- strike 3

I really hope you find your car and take this as a lesson learned.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts