Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Non nova, but my my 1990 chevy truck seems to be misplacing some brake fluid. I have to fill it every 50 miles or so.:eek: I have pulled all the wheels and ran down all of the lines and cannot find where it is going. This was an all of the sudden problem. I drove it for a few months then all of the sudden started using brake fluid like mad. I can't find it anywhere. Maybe somebody is stealing it.:rolleyes: Or maybe not. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that is a possibility. Only place I haven't checked. How would I know if that is happening?

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Seperate the master cylinder from the power brake booster unit and I bet you will find your missing fluid. Left in there too long and it will eat up the rubber diaphram.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What would cause it to lose fluid into the booster? I have never had a booster apart so I don't even know what one looks like inside. If I do find fluid would I need to replace the booster?

·
Registered
549 Posts
master leaking into the booster seperate them first to confirm it. Than replace your master cylinder.

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
Sometimes if the fluid leaks into the vacumm booster the engine will suck the fluid out and into the intake manifold through the vacuum hose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts