Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got rid of the low rpm miss. I still have a bad miss in the 4000 rpm range and up. Everything I have is new or not older than 1 year such as plugs msd wires,dist,6al box,edelbrock carb and intake. Where should I start looking timing is 12* advanced? P. S. I have a fuel pressure gauge and it reads 4 PSI is that enough?

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Based on a previous post of yours you dont have vacuum advance right? If not that 12 degrees intial may not be enough as normaly you will have a combination of intial or vaccum advanced at idle and it will be something in the 20 degrees range...SO at 3000rpm or so what is your total timing? cause that should be in the area of 36 or so...and I bet its less than 30 as it is set up now..

Just specuculation...but normally your mechanical advance builds upon your intial and vaccum advance timing settings and since I believe you are missing the vaccum part and seemingly didnt adjust the intial to make up for that you are likely running too little total timing which could be causing the miss....

just something to think about :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts