Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting my 63 back together and it had no mirrors on either door on a 2 door. I have what are supposed to be oem mirrors. Does anyone have template or just a measurement where to drill holes at? I can use gasket to mark holes but not sure where to set them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Passenger Side Blindspot

You will most likely not be able to see the lane beside you , only 2 lanes
over which does no good.Do an internet search for mirrors that Eliminate the Passenger Side Blind Spot.Only 1 Company !
Billy

·
Registered
928 Posts
I used a T Square, its 15 1/2 inchs back to center of big hole and 3 inchs up to bottom of big hole, measured from the upper body line with the green line. Manual only says existing holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 SS
950 Posts
What is that bigger hole for? My 63 only has the two smaller holes to mount the mirror base.

·
14,129 Posts
Bottom line! Page 281 in the 1963 Chevy II assembly manual has pictures and measurements for the mirror installation.

It also shows the trailing end of the mirror base lined up with edge of the vertical vent window frame to allow the vent to open. The large hole appears to be from a remote mirror installation. The regular mirror base requires only 2 holes.

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
63 Nova placement.

The 63 factory build book says: First measure 1.62 inches from vent window flat edge (the rear edge) down onto door . Then measure 2.6 inches towards front of car. That is where the first hole needs to be drilled. The 2 nd hole is 2 inches forward from the first hole. This is assuming you are using the correct brackets and mirrors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Suggest you NOT install a bowtie mirror on the passenger side. Where it is suppose to be mounted you will not be able to see what you might expect to see in other vehicles. Too, there are different mounting application for these mirrors that are not compatible with each other. Holes don't match mounts causing issues later on you don't need to mess with.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The original location on the 1st gens is almost worthless because of how far you have to turn your head to see them. When I redid my 65 wagon, I went with 1974 olng neck Corvette mirrors and mounted them forward. I look thru the passenger side wing window with no obstruction. On the driver side, there is a little obstruction from the vent window frame, but no safety problem because of the size of the mirror.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everybody , Somehow I missed the page where it was showing where to mount it. But found it and got the measurements.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts