Chevy Nova Forum banner

minitubs

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  SLEEPER 
#1 ·
i have a question i have a 1968 nova 2 door and i was considering installing minitubs in the rear and i was wondering do you have a problem with the back seat fitting because i have 2 kids and i would really like the wider tires in the rear but have to have a back seat if not what kind of tires and rims can i fit in the back if i relocate the rear shocks thanks for the help

#2 ·
How big are you looking to go? Im running 275/60/15s and they are good enough for some insane 8 second grudge cars. I didnt relocate my shock. but if you jack up the rear end of my car the tires will rub the shocks then. But thats only now due to a different rear end thats in my car. Before it didnt do that at all.

I think with Relocating the shocks and moving the springs in and a little cutting you can get a big tire without a mini tub.

#4 ·
If you plan on going with DSE tubs or if you add a 2 in strip of metal to your existing tubs you can still use a back seat with a minor mod to the rear seat frame. Keep in mind that installing tubs are not that hard just time consuming and once you are done you should be able to fit a 315 tire but you will need to relocate your stock shocks for sure.

#6 ·
One of the locals here has a mini tubs and a rear seat. Car looks awesom, I wish I had a picture to show you how good it looks. It sits on the ground and looks like it has a mile of tire under it. It can been done and with kids if the seat needed a bit of trimming they would probably never notice it.

#7 ·
I have DSE tubs and I have the stock back seat, You just have to trim the back alittle. You can still use the stock seat cover too. But I had a buddy recover the seat like the front buckets.

#12 ·
Hey Sleeper thanx for the pics, how much clearance do you have with the 325s inside and out. I have the same tire with a 10"weld rts wheel. I haven't done the mini-tub yet and was still skeptical weather it would fit being you don't see anybody running them with DSE tubs. I got you mixed up with a thread by Novaboy69 on the extra fab on the DSEs
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190602&page=2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.