Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
6,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you take tons of pictures on the install of these please? Id like to do it when I eventually do the motor swap.
I did mine the hard way...before these came out. I did it so it looks like the factory did it. Now these do the same thing with less work(I'd hope).

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Nice, I think I'll capitalize on those baby's!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Nice, I think I'll capitalize on those baby's!!!!
todd- by "capitalize on those babies",are you referring to the several children you and your lovely wife have had in the last couple years?!?!?!? there ARE child labour laws in this country todd!!!!! just BUY the wheel tubs instead buddy...there's no room for a child labour sweat shop in your small town.........:D:D:D
leftcoast carl.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Everytime I do something to my car, less than a year latter they make a kit for it. I did mine the hard way....but they look factory. I made bucket seat floor mounts...then a month latter they came out with repops. It never ends:D I am gaining soem serious skills though.
Ron
there's a lot of pride in doing it yourself.you can't buy that.good for you!
leftcoast carl.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Everytime I do something to my car, less than a year latter they make a kit for it. I did mine the hard way....but they look factory. I made bucket seat floor mounts...then a month latter they came out with repops. It never ends:D I am gaining soem serious skills though.
Ron
Yea, but those bucket seat mounts are junk.

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
what goes along with a mini tub :confused:
narrowed back seat, relocated trunk hinges :confused:
how hard is it to modify these things :confused:do the trunk hinges just weld back in place :confused:
can the seat just be cut in the center and welded back to narrow it :confused:
Craig

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
how hard is it to modify these things :confused:do the trunk hinges just weld back in place :confused:
Craig
All I had to do to my rear seat bottoms was to cut a little out the back frame corners with a die grinder to get enough relief for them to fit.For the hinges to work shorten the braces and when they touch the tubs and are straight up and down weld them in.

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
I don't know man, $499 is a lot of dime for the inners only. It's only about a 2" strip to add to them doing it the "old" way.

To me, I'd save the $499 (or $400) and still do it myself. Using these new tubs you're still going to have to separate the tubs by drilling out the spot welds (or cutting things up), still have to cut up your trunk to make room for the wider tub, and still have to re-weld these into the stock outers and at the trunk.

Splicing a 2" stretch isn't worth the $400-$499. And actually, doing it the "old way" might be easier because the "old way" lets you cut the strip inward a bit from the spot weld lip joining the inner/outer. With these new ones, you either have to remove the spot welds, or cut the stock inner nice and flush to the outer (leaving only the thickness of the spot weld lip).

That's just my opinion though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Craig
That is just for the tubs, their kit will probably be priced similarly to their others ($1300). I am with 66_BADBOY, that is just too much money for them.

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Craig
Hey Craig,

Look up BRETTZER on here, then click on his link to his pics on Webshots. Look in his album called MINITUBBIN'. It is hands down the BEST photodescriptive display of what is involved in doing a minitub the way to maintain the most stock look possible (the way he spliced the panel behind the rear seat upright REALLY makes things look stock). He's a great guy to ask questions too. Great SNS member.

EDIT:

OK, I'll make it really easy on ya:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/278700827uUoOlQ

1 - 20 of 28 Posts