Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Premium Member
4,212 Posts
descriptions says attachment method is screws
"tape and/or paste may be needed to fill sizable gaps between frame rails and inner wheelhouse, instructions not included (please do not eat all the paste)"

· Premium Member
4,212 Posts
I feel the same as Chevyman, however, where is DSE getting theirs from or where does the steel come from that is used to make the DSE tubs? Unfortunately, alot of our money goes there anyway.
Yeah, although no telling where the steel is from, they're stamped in the USA... So at least some of us are used for labor but not a lot of steel mills here any more...
Font Rectangle Parallel Circle Number

If it's made of stamped steel, 99% is from China or Pakistan...

· Premium Member
4,212 Posts
what I wondered about, feature: use with narrowed Fuel tank- available separtely? whats that mean? I didnt have use narrowed fuel tank with DSE ?????
SAWZALL SYNDICATE Means to get 295s under there... gonna have to hack!... enough that there won't be room for the stock-width tank...

· Premium Member
Serious southern boy living in Jax Fl.
4,796 Posts
what I wondered about, feature: use with narrowed Fuel tank- available separtely? whats that mean? I didnt have use narrowed fuel tank with DSE ?????
SAWZALL SYNDICATE Means to get 295s under there... gonna have to hack!... enough that there won't be room for the stock-width tank...

Yea, That's not really the case. I'm sure it's more them covering their rear. I would bet these are just as easy to install as any other brand. Which is to say not that easy for the newby but no more difficult than DSE. You would have to open up the tub to accept 355's before the stock tank becomes an issue.

· Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Yea, That's not really the case. I'm sure it's more them covering their rear. I would bet these are just as easy to install as any other brand. Which is to say not that easy for the newby but no more difficult than DSE. You would have to open up the tub to accept 355's before the stock tank becomes an issue.
Or maybe it's a scare-tactic into someone purchasing their "special narrowed tank" for the installation.... :p 355's are some meats!!

· Registered
1,191 Posts
You would have to open up the tub to accept 355's before the stock tank becomes an issue.
not necessarily true
maybe if you are moving leaf springs then the leafs may interfere with tank

there are so many factor dictating if tank needs to be narrowed
I went to 4 link and without leafs could get a pretty big tub in there before interfere with tank

with leafs definitely could not get 295 without moving leafs

1 - 20 of 23 Posts