Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i wish i would have asked more questions about how long it takes to do have a few hours into it so far and not even close to being done. But it's coming along nicely. try and get some pics in the next few days

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
I found the same thing. Just keep at it, you'll get it done. I am just about done with my mini tub job and it's taken me about 30 hours all together. Getting everything cut out using a angle grinder, saber saw, etc took a really long time. Some of the area's are hard to get to. It made me wish I owned a plasma cutter. Having the rear end in my car while I did the work was a mistake. It's hard to work with the rear end in the way. This comming weekend I should get it done. I allready started smoothing the enlarged areas with body filler. Another round of sanding and filler and then sanding again and I should be done. My goal is to make it look like it came that way from the factory. I took a look at all of your other photos......your car looks great....nice work!
Ron

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well 30 hours is not what i wanted to hear sounds like i have alot of work ahead of me:eek: :eek: . What did you do about moving your leaf springs in?

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
I cut off the original front spring perches and made my own that relocated the spring inward by about 1.75". I made the new perches out of 4" square steel tube that had a 1/8" wall thickness. I gave the left over chunk of metal to Flier (The Torch) and he also made some perches from it. If you search under his posts, you will find some photos of them I think. I need to add my photos to my photobucket account so you can take a look at them. Hopefully I can get to it soon. I've been working a lot of hours so the posting of photos is way behind scheduleright now. If you want to send me a PM with your e-mail address, I send a few photos to you. At the rear of the leaf springs, I just fabricated some offset shackels to hang the leafs.
I hope this helps.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts