Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to a swap meet Saturday. I want to keep an eye out for narrowed 9" housings. I have one,but I have to cut it down. If I can find one cheap I might be a head of the game. I am thinking 44" flange to flange is the magic number with a 10.5 tire. But what width and backspacing are you guys running?

Thanks Ed,

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
not sure this will help ya as this is for a third gener

49" flang to flange
34" center of spring perch to center of spring perch
5 3/4" back space(going by memory)
15" x 12" rims
12.5" wide tire
16" of avialable wheel tub width(max tire width)

Plenty of room for wider tires:cool: :)

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Get your wheels & tires you want to use first, THEN build the rear end to fit. Measure YOUR car to see what space you have to work with. It's a crapshoot to use someone else's measurements as these old cars are all a little different it seems like. It could save yourself a lot of grief and money spent. Getting the rearend narrowed is not expensive...they can re-tube it & get some good ends like Mark Williams. Make sure they use a jig to ensure it's all straight. If you want brakes, Ford Motorsport makes a complete bolt on kit using Explorer disc brakes that have an internal E-brake built in.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
ED, if you're going to Norwalk's swap meet, try to look me up. I'll be looking for stuff too. I have a blue dually with 'IT' on the license plate. Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts