Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed the Dse ( Detroit speed) mini tub kit on a 68 nova? Was it a hard install? Or dose it go together as easy as the video makes it look. I may be interested in buying this for my ride. I'm looking for a simple way to get fat tires on the back of my 68 nova.
Thanks!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
DO A SEARCH IN THE BEST OF BODY OR SUSPENSION, THERE WAS A WRITE UP ON IT! THEN AGAIN YOU CAN CONTACT (DALE) TEDDISNOKES, HE'S A MEMBER HERE, MAYBE HE CAN GIVE YOU SOME INSIGHT ON DOIN' THIS! :yes:

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
I installed the DSE tubs in my 68. I wouldn't say it was an easy way to get big tires. It takes a lot of time to do them. They weren't that hard to install, just time consuming and you need to take your time doing them. When guys talk about measuring twice before cutting, this is one spot you want to do that. I have a bunch of pics in my thread about my install if you want to check it out.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
As has been said, the work itself is not that hard, but it does take some time. Just keep in mind that the time spent will be worth it when you have the end product.

Keep in mind that to fit BIG tires you will need to move the leaf springs inward. The DSE complete Rear Mini-Tub kit comes with everything needed, including new leaf springs.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Went through the process on my '67. Like others have commented, not too difficult to, but to do a good job requires taking your time. You can definitely fit some big meats. 315's on my '67 with plenty of clearance. I went with the Quadra-link as well. My only comment is that the video and the written instructions didn't follow the same steps so it took a bit of looking ahead before cutting...not a bad thing! I have pics of the process as well on my project blog. I would highly recommend going for it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts