Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I finished doing the mini-tub job today. It's taken me about 3 months because I have been putting in a lot of hours at work lately and I have not had much time for the car. It's a great feeling to finally get something done with the car. I just added a sub-folder to my Photo Bucket account called Minitub. Check it out. I tried to make it look as if it came that way from the factory. Not perfect, but pretty close. Once I paint the inside of the trunk with trunk splatter paint, it should look great.

www.photobucket.com/albums/c231/62civa

Ron M.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks excellent...thanks for posting the pics. I'll be using them for reference in the not too distant future.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Ron,

That looks totally awesome!!! It does have the factory look. Keep the pics coming as you move along. Great job!

Denis

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys,
It been a long process. I have not been working on the car much these past few months and I was getting frustrated. Finally got two full days in on it and got it done. I going to run a 275/50/15 BF Goodrich Drag TA on 8 x 15 weld drag stars. So far I have only shot the primer on the inside of the trunk area and also on the rear package shelf and back seat area. I am using House of Kolor Direct to metal Primer. It shoots pretty nice, I only had a few small runs.....you know what they say about practice. I am going to try and get one section on the car done each week, like one fender, one door, etc. The roof needs quite a bit of work to get it staightened out. That may take a few weeks. I think next time, I would start with a car in better shape to begin with. But what can you expect for a 44 year old car! Anyway, I hope to have the car ready for paint by the end of summer. Seeing pictures of all your cars keeps me motivated!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Very professional! I always say....If its worth doing, it's worth doing it RIGHT!

Very nice.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks great, keep up the good work!

What front clip is that you're running? I'm going to either tub or front clip mine as the next project and yours turned out real nice.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts