Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I was just wondering what people at higher altitudes were running in their Edelbrock carbs. I'm a mile high in Denver and I'm trying to get a good base calibration. I read that the rule of thumb is 2% leaner for every 1500 feet of elevation. That puts me in the 8% range. Stock jets in my carb (1406) are .098 primary and .095 Secondary with a 075 x 047 metering rod.

I want to know what combo of jets and rods you guys are running. Anyone in Denver would be great!!

Thanks!!:D

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
sorry stan that you are getting no responses ............... maybe these flat landers just dont no how to tune when there is no air :eek: :no: ........ im no good with eddy carbs sorry but all i can say is maybe jet up and bback the timing off a little ........... then take it to morrison county ( bandimere ) and see what she does ................... i use to live in colorado if your wondering my father works at coors brewery ( bottling plant ) he sometimes goes to test n tunes on weds nights i think :yes:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
less air means less fuel. If you jet up your making it super rich. Maybe change the metering rods till you have to put in smaller jets. Not sure because I don't mess with Eddy's too much but I think the rods you can only go so big or so small till you need to change the hole size in the jet so the rods seat.

·
Registered
508 Posts
You can then make it 12% leaner than stock by just switching the secondary jets to the primaries and vice-versa. This will give you .95 primary jets and .98 Secondary jets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts