Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with Midwest Nova Kings? They say all they work on are Novas so they can get quarters, floors, rockers replaced quickly. I like that they say they have Nova experience but how about someone that has experience with them. They are in a suburb of Chicago.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see these guys advertise all the time on craigslist never heard people talk about them the are north of Chicago the shop looks nice lots of Nova on the Facebook page.
If you would have said they were good that would have been all I needed to hear!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I purchased a stel cowl hood from them. Didn't have any issues. I would ask for some references. Most legitimate businesses would be willing to provide.

Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
There's a place in GA that does metal work. I think the name is classic muscle metal. They are in Cleveland GA. I went to their shop to pick up the parts for my car. They beat everybody's price and I just drove over and got what I needed. I wound up buying it thru them but picked my stuff up from AMD's warehouse. They had several cars in the shop when I was there. One guy had a floor pan in a jig and was putting the frame rails on it. They jig the floor pan up and start from there. I would not hesitate to use them if I ran into anything me or the guys around our shop couldn't handle. I have not had any work done but was satisfied with my business dealings with them.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Does anyone have experience with Midwest Nova Kings? They say all they work on are Novas so they can get quarters, floors, rockers replaced quickly. I like that they say they have Nova experience but how about someone that has experience with them. They are in a suburb of Chicago.
They post alot in the Nova facebook groups and seem to have a TON of experience @ Nova metalwork. I have seen several pics of them doing whole floor pans, quarters, etc and turning them around quick.

Have you gotten a quote?

·
Registered
20,119 Posts
They do a lot of Novas and other cars. Like stated they are all over Nova sites on Facebook. Always picking up cars, they should be able to do it blind folded by now.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone. They are not exactly close to Kansas City but not bad. I need both quarters and outer rockers so someone with experience appeals to me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've also been watching them on FB for awhile now. Looks like they do good work, the turn around time kind of scares me a bit though. I'll be contacting them for a quote when I'm ready for my floor and quarters.

·
Premium Member
3,950 Posts
I’ve bought two 66-67 hoods from them.
Decently pleased. They ship and that’s a plus.
I’m a picky guy so when the owner told me that he had a 66 nova hood off an L79 car on his wall there that was solid I thought my body guy would gave no issues. But he told me working that hood was rough. He did send me a 66 nova hood with original paint that is solid.
I also bought a 66 nova door that I was told was outstanding. I’d say it’s okay

Nice guy on the phone multiple times
I can’t speak of body work but the items were not as great as expected.
Again. He shipped so I guess I’m overall satisfied.
Keep us posted if you do body work with them.
He reports quick turn around on a full quarter. Told me - one week.

·
Premium Member
3,950 Posts
Btw...
Please please please do not have any flat panels media blasted. Even with silica.
That’s how my original 67 nova hood was ruined, I had a deck lid ruined as well. I felt like someone punched me in the stomach when the body guy told me both were warped on a pristine car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The orange Nova with the slotted mags is a friend of mine which is getting done now. He has had the car since he was 16, 38 years. It was his Grandmother's car.
They do really nice work and yes, specialize in Novas. Whats nice is they always post photos of what is going on in the shop. A couple of guys in the club are friends with the owner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts