Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the midnight drags last night in slc utah. there was one old school muscle in the entire night a 67 mustang who scattered his engine down the track. Is anyone else seeing a limited amount of 60's muscle at there drags? Just seemed a little strange not to a least see a 69 camaro. Luckily half the ricers were in honda's wooh. LOL

Shawn

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Friday night Test and Tune is nothing but ricers. Saturday usually belongs to American Muscle.

Jim Smith

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drags

Yeah it makes me not want to go again. If I wanted to just see ricers I would go and sit on state street and watch them race there always getting arrested for it.

Shawn

·
Registered
733 Posts
I try to go to all the midnight madness events at gateway here in st louis.Last time there was a definite shortage of old cars.All ls1's and mod motor mustangs.Some ricers but mainly mustangs and camaro's.As a matter of fact there where no 3rd gen nova's.A bad tubbed out 64 with a big block.And a 4th gen.

Starting to make me think the 1st gen sbc and the bbc's are already starting to go away:confused:

·
Registered
288 Posts
RMR mid-night drags

I was at the same track helping my lil' brother with his 86 toyota corolla over in the oval track where they were doing the drift event... i was crossing over to go to the bathroom when that mustang went down the track...all the way!! He caused an hour wait while they cleaned up the broken ponies spent fluids...while the only time the drifting stopped was when a tire blew and knocked off ground effects or when the photographer was getting into position near the "paint"...even when one car DID tag the wall !!! and they started hours before the dragracers started the mid-night drags after the "street legal series"... I talked with some track workers who are still around from when i use to race my nova(blew it up 5 yrs ago...) and they said the mid night drags racer wanna bees get a break on price for same number of runs(3-4 runs = 2 qualifing and 1-2 rounds before loosing). The drift cars didn't break down much-just some blown fuses to fuel pumps or time to switch to another set of tires or let the car cool down some or get a bite or a drink and WAY more track time...it's got me thinking of how to set the nova up to slid sideways and not toast the automatic...(maybe bigger trans cooler and/or cooling fan)...I went for rides in 2 of my brother's friends cars... its more about suspension and tires(grip/slip) then having the most power...this one guy swithced between his rhd silva and his s14 and ran the same lines around the track & even did it tandom(2 cars at same time/side by side)!!! sevan must have missed the couple old of farm trucks racing... i saw them waiting to run...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was at the same track helping my lil' brother with his 86 toyota corolla over in the oval track where they were doing the drift event... i was crossing over to go to the bathroom when that mustang went down the track...all the way!! He caused an hour wait while they cleaned up the broken ponies spent fluids...while the only time the drifting stopped was when a tire blew and knocked off ground effects or when the photographer was getting into position near the "paint"...even when one car DID tag the wall !!! and they started hours before the dragracers started the mid-night drags after the "street legal series"... I talked with some track workers who are still around from when i use to race my nova(blew it up 5 yrs ago...) and they said the mid night drags racer wanna bees get a break on price for same number of runs(3-4 runs = 2 qualifing and 1-2 rounds before loosing). The drift cars didn't break down much-just some blown fuses to fuel pumps or time to switch to another set of tires or let the car cool down some or get a bite or a drink and WAY more track time...it's got me thinking of how to set the nova up to slid sideways and not toast the automatic...(maybe bigger trans cooler and/or cooling fan)...I went for rides in 2 of my brother's friends cars... its more about suspension and tires(grip/slip) then having the most power...this one guy swithced between his rhd silva and his s14 and ran the same lines around the track & even did it tandom(2 cars at same time/side by side)!!! sevan must have missed the couple old of farm trucks racing... i saw them waiting to run...
i knew this day would come!

·
Registered
398 Posts
All things with horsepower are cool but I just don't have the same affection for the newer stuff. Old school muscle all the way.:yes:

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I left after the mustang blew up, I knew it would take them an hour to clean it up, they need to go to vegas and watch them clean the track they are way fast. I was hoping to run my 65 nova friday but I haven't had the time to get it going this week. It might be running by friday but I would be afraid to go up and race it with out driving it around first.

Shawn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts